Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lighters


I know every single word to the rap in the first song on my playlist.  Yep.  Tight, dawg.

I have a music crush on Bruno Mars and Eminem.

First there's Bruno.  His writing style is simple and catchy.  His melodies have a big range and are quite dreamy while his lyrics are funny but extremely simple and cliche (haha I LOVE cliche).  My own writing style consists of pretty simple lyrics mixed with a wide ranged melody so I heart Bruno (On a musical level, you guys.  Totally platonic.  I'm a married woman and I'm insulted you would even think anything else).

Then there's Eminem.  Totally opposite.  In my opinion, Eminem is one of the most quick witted musicians ever.  Notice I didn't say rapper.  I usually brush rappers off.  I can count on one hand how many rappers I have respect for on a musical level.  I call Eminem a musician because his gift for rhythm is remarkable.  On top of that, his raps are completely unique and clever.

Eminem is a bluntly honest rapper while Bruno is an idealist lyricist.  Together it's chips and salsa.

*As a side note, the song on my playlist is edited.  I would not suggest downloading the unedited version.  I apologize for the one word that is not edited out.

1 comments:

Karen August 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

Couldn't agree more. Even though you said all of that better than I ever could!