Thursday, April 12, 2012

I am beautiful, smart, talented, and the best person in the world, dang it!!!

I'm going on a new kick.  It's called the confidence kick.  Wanna come?
I used to be so confident, maybe a little too confident.
I remember a church leader in high school told me I looked beautiful at prom.  Right after she said that, she whispered "don't tell your mom I told you, when I told her she said not to tell you because it would get to your already big head."  Hahahaha oh mom.  Always looking out for me.  But it was true, I had a big head.  My best friend and I would draw cartoon pictures of ourselves being hotter than everyone else.  When I think of those days, I laugh.  They were immature times, but they were shamelessly happy.
What happens when people grow up?  Why must we become so serious?  Why must we lose that youthful spark?  Don't get me wrong, I think that it is necessary to become wiser and responsible and all of that good stuff.  But why so serious?  I think I may get so caught up in day to day life that I lose confidence in myself.  I lose sight of who I really am.  I am a confident, beautiful, smart, and talented girl.  And so are all of you.  Every person is this big-a world should hold their head up high because they are living and lasting.  Most importantly, I am a child, a daughter, of God.  We all are. Would he want it any other way?  So YOU, yes, YOU, one of the five people who may be sitting at their computer reading this post.  Come with me and let's rock this world with confidence!

It does not matter what others see in you.  It matter what you see in yourself.


P.S Watch this video.  I want to start doing this in the mirror every day.




1 comments:

Karen April 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM  

I wanna come!! I loved this post Heather :)