Wednesday, March 23, 2011

tag, you're it, no tag backs


If you know me at all, you must know that I love staying up late and I hate waking up early.  I'm the epitome of a night owl.  So here I am, writing in my blog at 1:30am, because I've been trying to fall asleep for an hour.  And let's face it...I'm not going to bed until 2:30.

Life has been reeal good lately.  Like roller blading down the road with the neighborhood kids without a care in the world good.  Since I've been a "grown up", I've always kind of looked back on my childhood years with a longing feeling.  I wanted to feel that way again.  I was a weird kid.  I wasn't outgoing but I wasn't introverted either.  I didn't care AT ALL what other people thought.  If I didn't want to make conversation, I was silent.  If I wanted to sing and dance and be a total ham, then I would be just that.  I was just me, marching to the beat of my own little drum.  My life feels like that again.

I mean, sucky things have totally happened.

Like, oh my freaking goodness, the hot pots in Midway are off-limits now.
Back in November I went to the hot pots and there may or may not have had signs that looked like this:

But I didn't think anything of it, so I went in anyway.
The hot pots are these natural hot water springs that feel like hot tubs in mud.  They are part of nature, so they've been around forever.

Good citizens of Utah have been attending the hot pots for a long time until recently, when the land was sold to the Grinch himself.  The grinch has demanded that any person in the hot pots be cited for criminal trespassing.  BAH HUMBUG!!
So after a few trips to the Wasatch County Criminal Court (I know, I'm such a rebel), I have to pay a $300 dollar fee and behave for 6 months to get the charge off my record.  Phew.

Mostly good things have been happening though.  Don't worry.
-Food seems to taste better these days.  No, I'm not trying to be deep.  Ben took me to this place:

I could not believe how good the food was!!  Heaven in my mouth.

-Spa packages are totes worth it.  I had my first spa day as a birthday present.  Loved it.  I probably couldn't get myself to spend that money myself, but it was a cleansing experience.  Benny's done it again.

-I'm worried that my fear of dirt bike riding will never diminish.  We went riding a couple weeks ago.  Even though it was such a great time, Ben had to talk me through every sand patch, rocky hill, and big turn.  He was so patient.  I am such a baby.

-June 11 will be an amazing day.  I CANNOT wait to marry this man:

When I'm with him, I don't long for anything else.
He makes it real for me.

3 comments:

Briann March 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

gorgeous picture! We are so excited for you and can't wait to spend that special day with you!

Lindsay Anne March 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

omg! i had no idea about your hot pots run in. Thats so gay! I'd be pissssed.

And I'm excited for your weddin' and your graduation! big big summer for you.

Heather March 23, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

Thanks Briann!
Lindsay, I know, SO GAY!! Apparently they've given hundreds (literally...like upper hundreds) of citations. I want to find this new owner and punch him in the nizuts.