Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow, snow, go away, come again another day...

Today is snowy.  Very snowy.  As I walked to campus with my pink polka dot umbrella (that my lovely roommate, Tiff, gave to me) I noticed a strange phenomenon.  NO ONE else had an umbrella.  And let me tell you folks, it was snowing pretty heavily.  Since I've been in Utah I've noticed that no one really uses umbrellas in the snow.  In fact, it's looked down upon.  I could see what was going through everyone's head. Why is that girl wearing an umbrella?  Is she high maintenance? It's SNOWING...why would someone wear an umbrella in the snow?? On rainy days here in Provo, everyone has an umbrella.  Hm. Just a random thought slash wonder of the day.  Should I lose the umbrella on snowy days??



I, Heather Neeley, use an umbrella in the snow.  Proudly.

5 comments:

Nan February 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

You go girl. Snow ruins hair every bit as much as rain.

Briann February 24, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

that's pretty funny because Dominicans don't really use umbrellas all the time the girls just put plastic grocery bags over their hair so maybe you can try that :)

Ashley February 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

keep it! i use an umbrella! we're just the smart ones of the bunch!

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

You're not the only one. I love my umbrella! I say keep using it. In the end, you'll be the one that stayed dry. =P

Cody and Chauntelle March 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

I agree, the snow needs to be gone! Cute blog, glad I found it so we can keep in touch more :)